Last weekend a group of about 25 TLCC supporters met to hear an update of TenderLove Community Center’s accomplishments and plans for the future. The event was the official launch of our Capital Campaign to raise funds for a building, and also provided opportunities for networking and the sharing of ideas and strategies.
Here’s a little bit from our meeting:
Bill Miller, our Development Committee chair, presented a Power Point with some compelling statistics from our year 3 class:*
- For homeless women, the principal obstacle to graduation has been their lack of stable housing
- TLCC thus far has been unable to provide housing
- Our hope:
- To purchase a new and larger building for the TLCC program located near primary services for the homeless
- To remodel our current leased space to provide housing for 6 women
- Obtaining grant funding is aided by private donations
- All donations and pledges today will be applied as “match” for grant funding to make this possible
If you want to know more, or are interested in the rest of the Power Point, please contact us.