We are looking for an Administrative Assistance to undertake a variety of clerical and program management tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties.
The successful Applicant must be well-organized and detail-oriented, comfortable working with diverse teams in a multi-cultural organization. If you have passion for the needy we’d like to meet you. This position reports to the CEO.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work with CEO and development staff /volunteers
- Identify foundations, individuals, corporations, and other organizations for support or partnerships through ongoing research and evaluation.
- In conjunction with Executive Office and development staff/volunteers, cultivate relationships that best align with TLCC’s strategic short- and long-term priorities and needs.
- Solicit grants, gifts, and sponsorship from new and continuing partners.
- Research and assist in developing plans for expanding awareness of TLCC among both potential client/students and potential donors.
- Serve as an ambassador of TLCC to potential partners, civic organizations and the media.
- Maintain current reports submitted to the Executive Office and Board of Directors.
- Writes press releases and maintains calendar of events, submitting to local media
- Recruits and interviews potential volunteers and coordinates with other staff to provide best match of volunteer’s talents and desires and TLCC’s volunteer needs.
- Answers TLCC telephone and helps schedule meetings for the CEO
- Compiles statistical data and reports in fulfillment of requirements of granting agencies
- Recruits and interviews potential volunteers and coordinates with other staff to provide best match of volunteer’s talents and desires and TLCC’s volunteer needs
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals
- Support growth and program development.
- Minimum: Associates degree in Business Administration or relevant field
- Must have documented successful partnership cultivation experience and a keen understanding of fundraising/income development.
- Proven experience as Administrative Assistant or relevant position
- Knowledge of program management and development procedures
- Proven Knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping and reporting
- Tech savvy, proficient in MS Word and Exel
- Ability to work with diversity and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and efficient
Job Knowledge and Skills:
- Has a strong performance orientation and skillful strategic thinking.
- Establishes clear expectations and continuously measures performance.
- The ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail is required
- Self-starter with the ability to manage time effectively.
- Demonstrates excellence in both oral and written communications.
- Knowledge of external communications and cultivation techniques are essential.
- A high degree of integrity in dealing with confidential donors and financial information as well as confidentiality of TLCC’s clients and graduates.
- Ability to coordinate all aspects of an event including – logistics, correspondence, financial reports and printed materials.
- Ability to coordinate and lead committee meetings.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop
Deadline to submit application……August 28th 2017