NEWS AND AWARDS
DVRC Leadership Award, October 23, 2018
Debbie Johnson, our CEO, and 6 others received these; what a great honor!
… and a special note from our great friend, Congresswoman (soon to be GOVERNOR! Michelle Lujan Grisham
Announcing our “Time to Grow” campaign!
Notice in Albuquerque Community Foundation newsletter:
Chispa, which means “spark” in Spanish, is an award intended to honor nonprofits that shine a light in the communities they serve, and that accomplish a lot with a little. TenderLove is one of eight organizations recognized by New Mexico Community Foundation | NMCF and NewMexicoWomen.Org for 2015.
At right: Volunteers for TenderLove Community Center pose with staff from NewMexicoWomen.org after receiving the CHISPA award
CEO Debbie Johnson (center right) receiving a PNM Century of Service Award
Links to interviews:
Former homeless woman helps women in need succeed. Jeannie Nguyen. KRQE News 13, Dec. 4, 2016
- Local organization to host free fashion show. KRQE News 13 June 20, 2016.
- ABQ center helps underprivileged women develop trade skills
- “TenderLove Community Center to hold graduation,” Matt Mauro. KRQE News 13 October 1, 2014.
- “Locals raise awareness for homeless problem,” Amy Walker, April 14, 2015. KRQE News 13, April 14, 2015.
- “TenderLove Community Center” 2KASA FOX October 28, 2013.
- “TenderLove Community Center lends a hand to the less fortunate,” Morning Brew, August 1, 2014
Dr. Mary McCleod Bethune Award
Our Executive Director Debbie Johnson received the Dr. Mary McCleod Bethune Award of Achievement from the National Council of Negro Women Albuquerque Section December 5, 2015